Manufacture silicone rubber parts
Custom Parts (Moulded) Production Schedule
Producing custom made silicone parts is something we’ve been doing for decades. We manufacture silicone rubber parts both in the UK and overseas. It’s not just silicone rubber parts we have moulded either.
All our customers have very specific needs and to maintain our zero-returns record, AFAC operates a stringent set of rules to manufacture silicone rubber parts. As you’d expect there’s a formal process we run through to ensure quality of service and solution.
From initial enquiry through to managing ongoing volume needs, AFAC will satisfy, and attempt to exceed, your expectations.
1. Parts defined
- It’s perfectly normal for us to expect to sign NDAs at this point.
- Whether you wish to manufacture silicone rubber parts that are a modification of an existing design or require a design creating from scratch, AFAC will assist you in proposing a solution to suit your requirement.
- To manufacture silicone rubber parts it is useful at this stage to provide .STEP files of the application required to AFAC’s design team for analysis.
Est. 3-4 days.
2. Drawing created
- Our design team will create the necessary files for production to manufacture silicone rubber parts.
Est. 48 hrs
3. Drawing approved
- You will be provided with PDFs clarifying design and dimensions.
- It’s important to check all details at this stage to ensure design meets requirements.
Est. 48 hrs – Customer dependent
4. Drawing sent to production
- Acknowledgement of drawing receipt from production.
5. Prototype tool created
- Initially a single impression prototype tool is machined from steel.
- Once tool is machined, prototype parts are produced to enable customer approval.
6. Prototype parts received
- With production being on the other side of the world, you’ll have to wait for a plane to arrive before you receive your prototype parts.
- AFAC inspection takes place before forwarding the parts to you.
7. Prototype parts approved
- You’ve now got your prototypes in your hand.
- These are fully testable prototype parts. You can take your time to ensure the product is fit for purpose.
Est. 7-14 days – Customer dependent
8. Production tool created
- Ok, the prototypes worked, so now we need your approval.
- You’ll have signed the drawing off and paid for your goods in full at this point.
- Your multi – impression production tool is then machined from steel.
9. Production parts manufactured
- Tool made, parts coming out of the mould in volume.
- You will have specified colour and shore value earlier in the process.
- You have a choice here but with choice comes price. It all comes down to how urgent your parts are.
- For volume customers we normally recommend only using air to satisfy the 8-10 week requirements until sea shipment arrival.
Air – 5-7 days
Sea – 8-10 weeks
Supporting quality manufacturing and metal finishing companies requiring price conscious precision masking supplies. Leading companies from the Automotive, Aerospace, Switchgear & Lighting sectors choose AFAC for reliability, service and price.
Founded over 35 years ago, AFAC has designed, adapted and developed substantial ranges of standard parts supported by a comprehensive bespoke bureau. Engineering backgrounds and family roots give AFAC that competitive edge on service.