Scapa 2595 Paper Silicone Masking Tape Data Sheet
Description: Scapa 2595 is a buff coloured semi creped paper tape single coated with a thermo stable silicone adhesive system 0.15mm total thickness. Recommended for high temperature masking applications where high curing temperatures are required.
- Masking in paint stove cycles incorporating temperatures in excess of 160 °C.
- High‐temperature masking.
- Masking a variety of metals including polished and anodised aluminium, chemically etched steel, passivated cadmium, magnesium, various types of copper containing alloys and brass.
- Removes cleanly after use.
- Excellent conformability and flexible qualities for intricate masking requirements.
- Wide operating temperature range up to 180°C (200°C for short term exposures).
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates.
|Technical Property||Nominal Value||Unit||Test Method|
|Tensile Strength||40.0||N/10mm||TM 36|
|Elongation at Break||13.0||%||TM 36|
|Adhesion to Steel||8||N/25mm||AFERA 5001|
- Roll Width: 19, 25, 30, 38, 50, 75 and 100mm
- Roll Lenght: 50 metres
- Packaging: Plastic bag
- Core: 76mm plastic core
- Colours: Buff
Recommendations: The rolls should be stored flat on their cut edges in the original packaging. The product must be protected from dust, heat, moisture, direct sunlight and solvent fumes. The shelf life will vary depending on conditions of storage but should not be less than one year from the date of manufacture if stored in a moderate climate and good conditions. Surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dust, grease, oil or other contaminants. Adhesive performance should be carefully checked when used on substrates containing plasticisers.
This Technical Data Sheet (TDS) is provided by Scapa for information only. The contents of this TDS are considered to be reliable but accuracy is not guaranteed. The results shown in this TDS may not be relevant to all users of the product and it is the user’s responsibility to determine the suitability of the product for its intended purpose. Scapa expressly disclaims all express or implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the fullest extent permitted by law and does not accept responsibility or liability (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) arising from use of the product or reliance on the TDS. Scapa does not exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or fraud. Scapa refers to Scapa Group plc and its subsidiaries.